22 March, 2011

I'm 2/5 Something Other Than Human? That's What The Constitution Still Says...

All of this talk about unity and equality baffles me at this point in my life.  I mean that's obviously bullshit.  There is absolutely no equality in beurocracy, democracy...or any "ocracy" or "ism" as long as racsim still exists....and as long as people keep trying to deny it.  I know blacks generally have spent a lot of time fighting for "equality".  Maybe the total farce is that not all men are created equal after all.  Maybe we all have the same free-will to go this way or that way with our choices, but perhaps we are not all equal in the eyes of our creator.  This has become increasingly clear to me.  I know the first thing an unlearned person would think is I’m making a statement for black supremacy which technically cannot exist in a world where we’re trampled underfoot.  I just want to state that it is the American constitution that calls black people 3/5 of a human-being.  I used to be insulted by this, I was insulted furthermore to find out that it remains that way till this very day.  I was insulted because I automatically thought they meant blacks were something less than human.  That was my assumption.  However, it could be the total opposite.  So what is the deal with that?  What is the other 2/5 comprised of?  Why do we as a people know nothing of this?  I think part of the key to our past lies in that very constitution's underhanded proclamation that we aren’t the same.  I bet no one ever thought people could make that connection…but it is 2011, and well...I just did.


The Constitution and Slavery:




Provisions in the Original Constitution


Article I, Section. 2 [Slaves count as 3/5 persons]


Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons [i.e., slaves].

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete