27 January, 2011

My Stance: Why I'm Not A "Music-Lover" Anymore.

I’m not really sure how or when exactly but for some reason in the late 90s rap FELL-OFF. A lot of the modern hipsters and “hip-poppers” as I like to call them, were too young to remember just how decent (talent-wise) it used to be. Music in general has turned to absolute trash. In the early 2000s I started referring to bands like Nickelback as “lyrically challenged”. Little did I know Nickelback would sound pretty good compared to bands like 3OH!3 -- I’ll admit that I do like some pop music to a certain extent, but overall it is the bad cholesterol clogging-up the possibilities of today’s youth. Music is a very powerful thing. A song as simple as “The Itsy Bitsy Spider” can leave it’s imprint for a lifetime. My problem with music on the whole is the fact that the main one’s ingesting it are the ones that can’t handle it. I’m at an age and in a state of mind that music (especially this crap they pass-off as music) doesn’t affect how I live my life in any way. Plus, I have my childhood to look back on and I have better times to look back on. I was reading somewhere on a thread where this guys was talking about how only the elderly are able to see how shitty everything has become. It pretty much snuck-up on everyone else…lol



I’ll leave you with a few of my sentiments on today’s music:


RAPPERS IN PINK:

I decided to just say “rappers in pink” because it isn’t my intent to make gay people feel like I have a problem with them or anything. However, I do have a problem with the fact that the people that control the industry are attempting to destroy the foundation of the black community with all of these under the radar gay shit in hip-POP and R&B. A la Trey Songz, Jamie Foxx, P Diddy, and Kanye etc. Half these freaking hip-POPpers and R&B crooners disregard/degrade black women, like dudes, like chicks who look like dudes, like chicks who ARE dudes, or go for white girls. This isn’t some bitter rant that’s just springing from me without basis. I can’t say that I’ve ever dated a black guy. It just never happened, I have my guesses why, but that's besides the point. I just know what I see. I can tell you the entire construct of hip-hop and R&B right now with all the metro-sexual and homosexual undertones is quite damaging to the psyche of the young black male. It bothers me, because although my man is not black..I have black brothers, father etc... It annoys me that we ignorantly eat up what the industry pushes out. These are my young brothers and sisters I see falling prey to this homo-indoctrination and it can’t help but perturb me. I am not homophobic by any means -- but this is not a good example at all.
 I’M SO AVANT GARDE:

I am sick, sick, sick of the entertainers popping-up and acting like they’re all unique and shit. They are all image, image, image and not talent, talent, talent. There was a time when chicks like Gwen Stefani, Shirley Manson, and Bjork were the shit because they were indeed unique and uber talented! Now we have all of these knockoffs like Katy Perry, Rhianna, and Nicki Minaj acting like the invented styles they know good and well they stole from other people. It’s annoying because this is what music has come down to – who’s more purposely outlandish? A total circus!




BANDWAGON:

I’ve never liked what I call “bandwagon” entertainers. A la Lil Wayne, Justin Beiber, Black Eyed Peas (the Fergie version), Lady CaCa, Ricky Martin (back in the day LOL)and Britney Spears. Besides the obvious lack of talent and originality, you have oversaturation. I can’t take turning on the radio and hearing the same 10 people over and over again.




HIP-POP:

I’m not in kindergarten, so songs entiled: “Laffy Taffy”, “Black and Yellow”, “No Hands”, or “Stanky-Leg” do not appeal to me. I’m grown and that is just stupid and shouldn’t be considered music at all. There’s no other way to describe it. It dumbs people down and it’s just plain annoying.




I used to consider myself a music-lover, but those are the days of old, I’m now a music-liker at most and I’m not so sure how accurate that is in 2011.


---------------------------------------------
UPDATE:




MY YouTube PLAYLIST (what I listen to now)

No comments:

Post a Comment