02 November, 2010

BLessed.

The fear is so unbelievable.  It is like an epidemic – I can’t believe I too was caught up in it.  I’m so happy to be natural.  I am so happy.  I am so grateful.  I’m entering my 6th month as unbelievable as that sounds.  For the uniqueness that is my mane of hair.  I’ve had hair that lays down..blows in the wind, and goes down my back.  Even if it was by artificial means and I’m here to say I’ve never felt more beautiful to myself than I have the past 5 months.  I really owed this to myself.  I owed this to my creator and I am forever grateful for this experience.  I’m grateful that God never gave-up on me when I unknowingly doubted his omnipotence.  The love I’ve found for myself and return the love I’ve found for my people in no way negate that of other peoples.  I’m just saying.  It’s a beautiful thing.  It’s only hard if you make it hard.  It’s only ‘messed-up’ if you hate your own texture.  I’ve embraced mine and I love playing with it.  I love confusing the hell out of WP who don’t understand ‘stretching’ and ‘shrinkage’.  I love love love my hair! 

No comments:

Post a Comment